Dru yoga is soft and meditative and heals by engaging the heart & activating the Anahata Chakra (heart centre). It is made up of therapeutic movements creating a sequence to heal the body, mind, emotions and spirit. The thymus gland which is located very close to the heart is the foundation of the immune system, as you nourish your heart with Dru yoga movements your heart will stimulate the thymus gland which will deeply heal your entire being and strengthen your immune system.
Dru yoga is soft, graceful and relaxing focusing on flowing movements and visualization. Dru works with the subtle energies of the body, the chakras are approached with awareness and gently rather and forcefully.
There are 7 composite stages of Dru Yoga: each stage is progressive and designed to take you deeper into yourself and to experience a state of heightened awareness quickly and without strain.
1. Activation: Relax and loosen the joints, enhance circulation, allows energy to outwards, increases physical awareness.
2. Energy Block Release ( EBR ): These are specifically designed to dissolve tight or blocked energy in your emotional, physical, mental and subtle bodies. They are easy and enjoyable yet incredibly powerful and effects our health on every level.
3. Movement Sequence: Each of the many sequences have specific healing effects and they all help us relate to the rhythm and flow of life. Dru Yoga sequences allow us to tune into our minds and it give us the tools we need to change long standing mind sets, which hold us back from experiencing our full potential.
4. Therapeutic Posture Work: Brings an awareness to the therapeutic benefits of Asanas ( postures ) especially when combined to breath, chakra activation and conscious intention as in Dru Yoga.
5. Pranayama & Deep Relaxation: By watching the breath the minds stills, becomes clear and we can free our 'life force' (prana) and become fully present and aware in this life. Pranayama in its many forms is medicine for the body and the mind. Relaxation sessions are given plenty of time to allow the energy which has been activated to settle correctly and heal all aspects of your being with maximum results.
6. Mudras, Concentration & Visulization: Mudras are energetic seals. They act on the body’s subtle energy systems and have been used for centuries to balance emotions, hormones, nerve impulses and energy flows. Concentration and visualisation help us develope a is a focussed, still and creative mind & are a are a prelude to meditation.
7. Meditation: After practising the first 6 steps you will find meditation effortless, due to clearing away internal agitations and calming the busy mind. The heightened awareness and clarity gained from meditation allows you to unfold your personal power and attain enlightenment. Enlightenment is a state in which there is such a depth of peace and satisfaction that there is no desire for anything more or different. If we are really present in this moment, this is enough.
Benefits of Dru Yoga: improved flexibility & strength, creates core stability, it will rejuvenate your entire being while deeply relaxing you into a sense of meditation and positivity, releases blocked emotions and heals the heart. This is a truly holistic therapy that maintains optimum health and complements other natural therapies and is designed to be practiced by all levels, abilities and ages.